Managing employees affected by cancer – By 2020, 1 in 2 people will get cancer at some point. Is your organisation equipped to support staff with cancer?
Do you want to support your employees better if they have cancer or are caring with someone who has cancer? Supporting employees to remain in, or return to work, can benefit your business as well.
Macmillan Cancer Support has developed a course designed for managers to give them better awareness of:
- The cancer journey and some of the challenges faced by people at work who are living with or caring for someone with cancer.
- How to use the range of resources available from Macmillan to help improve the support currently offered to people affected by cancer within your organisation
- How to talk about cancer at work
- Making work adjustments for an employee affected by cancer
- Supporting Carers of people with cancer
- Managing bereavement
I promote and deliver this package on behalf of Macmillan Cancer Support. For information on booking Work and Cancer training, please contact www.macmillan.org.uk/atwork